Friday 7 September 2012

DCWV Preppy Princess

I'm finally back! Phew! I didn't think having two kids could take up too much of my free time in the beginning but now that my son (yes, I had a baby boy!) is almost three months old, I figured it's time to get rolling with my crafting. I have created a few things during my most hectic times with a newborn but have never posted them on my blog. Now that we've got a routine and my son isn't so fussy anymore, I'm going to try to update my blog as often as I can but there's still no promising.

So here's my first update on one of my recent creations...

Our family friends' daughter had her very first birthday a month ago and had her cake smash/family photo session taken prior to her birthday. I already have her newborn and their family photos so I thought I'd incorporate her recent photos and create a mini album for her as part of her birthday gift from my family. This was no surprise to them because I have already made them a family mini album from a few years back and they absolutely loved it and I offered again to create another one for their daughter, Myla.

For this mini album, I used the "Preppy Princess" paper stack by DCWV. I thought it was suiting for the little girl as I incorporated not only newborn photos but also her cake smash and some family photos. The album didn't come out "baby-ish" but more of a fun, chic mini album for a lil girl. I've also used a variety of Prima and I am Roses flowers - which absolutely made the mini album even more beautiful. For a more detailed look and items I've used, you can watch my video here.

Here are some images of the the Preppy Princess mini album:

 
front cover


first few pages (this mini has a total of 20 pages - front and back)



 
 
a few more pages ... Sorry about the poor quality of these images, I couldn't find a perfect spot with good lighting in our home.





 
 
This next page, I created a mini envelope accordion so that I can add more photos
 
 
 
 
This next page, I created a wallet to add her cake smash photos in. I didn't get to take pictures of the inside of the wallet but if you watch my video here, I did a walk through of the whole mini album.
 
 
And oh, this whole mini album is composed of paper bags with inserts/tags which I also finished with photos.
 
 
I'm very happy with how this mini album turned out! Myla's mom loves it and has kept saying it's beautiful. Don't forget to watch my detailed video of this mini album here.
 
I'll have another post of more of my recent creations in the next couple of days. 
 
Have a great weekend!
 
 
Products used:
 
DCWV Preppy Princess
 
I am Roses
 
Prima
 
Martha Stewart
 
Spellbinders
 
Cheery Lynn Designs
 

 
 
 
 
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment